Friday, May 23, 2008

Dog attack II

Today I am running with precautions with some stones on each hand. I keep myself alert with this black 'attacker' when I enter his "territory". I hold my 'bullet' firmly and ready to shoot when he comes close me. This is a battle that involve some proficiency (accuracy and speed). Here he comes, growling at me, stiffened his front legs and a raised ridge of hair along the spine. He looked scary this time and is about to attack using his sharp teeth. My turn and I threw the stone with all my effort without mercy. I have got you! (with a sign of victory). I quickly ran away before he went after me again. Phew! Holy God! Please forgive me for what I have done to a friend of mankind.

4 comments:

flying pig said...

wau, u do hv a blog,
wau u do swim...
n u do use de same old trick I use, stone in hand, beleive me, it work, dog scare n even human! hehe...

felixdbear said...

Hi Flying pig,

Not too late to know that. Hehe!
Yeah!

K said...

Hi,

My first time visiting your blog and the following is my 2 sen worth.

I usually carry a camera with flash enable. When the dog run after me. I stop jogging - turn around and face it. I would click my camera. The flash will stunt it momentarily and it would normally back off and stop barking. I would take a few steps back, walk a bit and then contd with my jog.

There is no physical contact with dog and I get a picture to send to the local authorities for action.

If the Camera trick does not work, I would yell loudly at the dog's face several times. Again, there is no physical contact with dog and the yelling would also attract attention at the neighbourhood to be on standby for assistance.

In the animal kingdom, the louder the roar / noise means "business" -Telling the attacker to back off or else.... That is why the Lion is King because it roar the loudest.

However, worst case scenario, if both method fails, at least with your yelling, some neighbour may have already been alerted to come to your aid. Hope it works.

felixdbear said...

Hi K,

Thanks for your advice. Cheers!